Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Five years and change

Now, where were we? Last we spoke I had just graduated as a Massage Therapist. Now I'm about to enter my second year at Murdoch University (Rockingham campus) studying Secondary Teaching (maybe).

The big question is - why am I here?

No, I'm not navel gazing. What I mean is, I haven't touched this blog in a very long time. Why am I going back?

Well.

Facebook is all well and good. But it's not enough. I can't really convey the deep problems and simple pleasures of day to day life fully there. I can't examine the minutiae of my existence without my thoughts being lost in the ebb and flow of other people's opinions.

LJ was good for a time, but now it's dead. Very few people hang out there, including me.

So, it's back to my blog. I have many - this one, IMHO and Lyn the Luddite. I've had a look at all three and after thinking about the me that I am now, I've decided this one suits my purposes best. I might, however, take up IMHO again since I have a great many books in my shelves to discuss.

So, who am I?

I'm Lyn Battersby. And Lyn Triffitt. And Lyn Kiely. I'm 42 years old, but I'm not middle aged. I've just started exploring who I am and what I'm doing at this point. I like me, but I'm frustrated with where I'm at. I love my kids but sometimes I need space from them. I adore my husband but sometimes he drives me bonkers bananas. I don't hate any of my exes. I nothing them.

I used to have three best friends*. Now I have one (waves to Catherine). I don't hate the others. I nothing them. I used to have lots and lots of friends. Now, I have lots and lots of acquaintances with whom I'm very friendly.

So, deep breath. I'm back.

I think.

* Lee is, of course, my bestest and loyalist friend.

1 comment:

StephBG said...

Welcome back. I hope you enjoy finding your niche again.