Thursday, December 12, 2013

A proud day in the Batthouse

Erin got an award today, for outstanding achievement in Indonesian. I went along to the awards ceremony but didn't stay much longer than hearing her name and watching her receive the piece of paper that proves my daughter to be a linguistic genius. Connor was pretty sick throughout, so we had to wave our congratulations and run.

Erin is, in a word, amazing. She's extremely bright, quite sporty, talented at drawing and totally gorgeous. But more importantly, she has a generous heart. It is very easy to take Erin for granted. She cleans up with being asked, she makes coffee without being asked, she kisses her brother hello and good-bye without being told to (they both actually do this), she offers to go to the shops for me when I can't go and makes lunch for her dad most days. If I had to pay Erin in actual Australian Dollars, I'd have to ask Bill Gates for a loan.

So, I'm just going to put it here, for all the world to see: You're a credit to our family, Erin and we're extremely proud of you.

No comments: