Friday, December 27, 2013

One, one pitch, hahahahaha

Today I did something I haven't done in a long time. I committed properly to writing a short story. I made a pitch to FableCroft for their Cranky Ladies of History anthology and now I have to wait and see what they say. It feels pretty scary, I have to admit, to put in writing an idea that is still young and new. Writing has, over the past 5 years or so, become more of an ideal to attain rather than a bedrock of my life. Uni, judging, full-time work, sick child, they've all conspired to draw my focus elsewhere. As a result, I feel I've lost the knack of story-telling, of threading daisy chains of sentences together, in order to make something complete and new.

But, I've done it. I have a cranky lady whom I love and whose work inspires me. I've researched her life and works and feel I can do some good in getting her name out there. I've written up my pitch and have committed to writing about a woman whose works have brought closure to many.

Now, leave me alone. I'm off to write! Oh, and if you see me on Facebook, tell me to get back to work.

Have a lovely day.

No comments: