Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Oh, dear. Is that the time?

On May 29 of this year, I posted that I'd be using this site to record recipes. And then, on May 30, despite my better judgment, I went back to Facebook. You know what happened next.

So, here I am on December 23, getting ready to record my year in review and accepting that, after seven months, maybe I need to update my blog.

Okay, to begin with, here's a recipe. I've been very active on a certain slow cooker site on Facebook which links really well with the slow cooker central website. I've been an active member for about four months and, as a result, have been exposed to a couple of fads. My favourite recipe to come from the site is this Obsession sauce which I use for all sorts of sauces.

Obsession Sauce

1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp Mint sauce (I probably use more like 3 or even 4 Tbsps of the thick sauce because I really like mint)
1 packet French Onion soup
1 onion, diced or sliced into half rings (I personally prefer sliced into half rings)

Mix together, pour over any cut of meat (I love it on chicken) and place in slow cooker on low for around 4-6 hours depending on speed of slow cooker.

Too easy. Too delicious. I serve with mashed potatoes and carrot, but you could also serve on rice or with roast veges. I have also used the sauce to marinate roast lamb before slow cooking (cook on low about 8 - 10 hours).


No comments: